Thursday, June 14, 2012
Unit 8 Loving Kindness and Meditation
The two exercises I chose for this blog are Loving Kindness and Meditation. Loving kindness helped me to think more positively, be more optimistic and let go of some negativity and worry. This week has been very hard to be positive or optimistic. My dad fell and broke his hip on June 2 in Branson, Missouri. He was put on an air ambulance to Omaha where they live so that he could have surgery. He broke the same hip in 2009. Dad had surgery on June 3 and then suffered a massive stroke. On June 6 the doctors told us that dad would not recover and he was then placed in hospice. My dad went to heaven on June 10 and we celebrated his life today at the funeral services. I have had a very difficult time being positive. I was very angry for a few days. My dad broke his hip and now he is gone. It is just hard to wrap my brain around that. I have tried to meditate several times over the last several days. I have not been able to concentrate or relax. It has been very hard to stay focused and on top of things. Dad lived a long happy life and he and mom were married for 63 wonderful years. I am hoping that now since his services are over I can get back to whatever normal is. I need to get back into my routine with meditation beginning and ending my day with meditation. Making time for myself in meditation is part of taking care of myself. As a mom I tend to take care of everyone else first. I need to take care of me for awhile right now. I have had to be strong and help take care of mom and the service arrangements. Now it is time to take care of me. It is time to get back to Loving Kindness and Meditation on a regular basis. I am very grateful for meditation. I am looking forward to reducing stress and maybe even my blood pressure again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment