Sunday, June 17, 2012

Unit 10 Final Blog Post

Wow!  I have come a long way from unit 3.  In the unit 3 assessment my score for psychological was a 5 because I was mood, irritable, and angry.  My score for physical was a 5 because I was not getting any10 physical activity or exercise.  I had a lot of excuses why I couldn't.  Reality was that I simply wouldn't.  My score for spiritual was an 8 because I was pretty strong in my faith and activity at church.  My scores have certainly improved.  My psychological in unit 10 is now scored a 7 because I have incorporated meditation into my daily routine.  I have also began listening to quiet worship music and journaling my experiences.  My physical score has improved a little.  It is up to a 6 because I have begun walking and plan to see a nutritionist.  I have also begun journaling what I eat and drink so that I can see what I eat and why.  My spiritual score is now an 8.5 because I have become even more involved in my church.  I attend Bible studies, prayer meetings, and I am in the church choir now.  These scores have changed because I kept an open mind, an open heart, and remained teachable.  I have made progress in my goals and activities I set in each area.  I am meditating, exercising, journaling, eating healthier, and learning new things.  I have implemented the activities I chose for my well-being in each of the three areas.  Without the activities that I implemented I would not have been able to handle the huge amount of stress I have had this term.  Journaling, meditating, listening to worship music, exercising, and being involved in my church has helped me deal with the stress and death of my dad.  I know I will continue to make even more progress.  Before this class I had never experienced any type of meditation.  Now it is a major part of my daily routine.  It has been difficult to stay caught up because of my dad's illness and death.  With the experienes in this class I will be able to help others who have lost loved ones.  I will be able to teach others how to journal.  I will be able to help others learn how to eat healthier.  I will be able to show others how simply going for a walk can change their life.  This class has been hard, but it has been a wonderful learning experience.

4 comments:

  1. It's great to see that you've been able to make so much progress and improvement to your lifestyle change, since the beginning of this class! Any progress is a positive step in the right direction. I think that implementing meditation, exercise, journaling, and healthier eating will all help in your physical aspect, but will also make a huge positive impact on your stress level as well. Exercise is a great stress-reliever and it is my personal favorite activity, especially when I am stressed out. I am trying to participate in daily meditation, so that I can also lessen the unnecessary, random stresses I get during the day. Meditation is another fantastic way to rid ourselves of unimportant stresses and we just need to make sure we set time aside for us to do so.

    I wish you all the best in your future endeavors and continued progress in your healthy lifestyle change! Great job on your final project!!

    ~ Kristin Croake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna,

    I don't think you realize just how far you have come from the beginning of this class to now. Not many people know that we know each other, and it doesn't really matter. I only wish they could see the person that I get to see every day at our workplace.

    You have been through so many things in your life lately and sometimes I don't know how you keep your head above water. But yet I see you reach out for others. I see you show compassion to the people others push aside and call worthless in society. You are a light to all of those who know you, and despite what you have been through, you manage to find time to listen and to help others. I just wanted to tell you how valuable you are to me and to others around you that you are closest to. Please stay positive and stay strong and I promise you, if you stick with the things we have learned in this class, it will all seem like a bad dream, and your life will begin to change in ways you didn't even know were possible. I will be here to help in any way I can, my friend, and I won't let you fall.

    Take care of yourself because many people around you are looking to you as an example of what positive things come out of turmoil. You can do it, I believe in you!

    I wish you peace and happiness in the future in all you do.

    Kris Sinclair

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna,

    I love your statement, "have an open mind, a open heart, and remained teachable", that statement opens the door to unlimited possibilities. Congratulations on your accomplishments!

    I hope that you find journaling and tracking as helpful in achieving your goals as I do for myself.

    Wow, that is so great that you and Donna are friends and co-workers!

    I wish the best for you!
    Cherri Looney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna,
    I think that it is wonderful that you have gained so much from this class. It seems that you took this class at a time in your life that it is most beneficial to you. Continue on the path that you're on, for yourself as well as those that you desire to help. I wish you all the best! God Bless!
    Shineka

    ReplyDelete