Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mind and Body

Based on my reflections, and on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being optimal wellbeing) I would rate my physical wellbeing 5 because I have weight issues and high blood pressure issues.  My goal for improving my physical wellbeing is to start exercising. I would like to start walking even for 30 minutes every day.  I could do this with my 14 year old daughter.  This would get us both up and moving and give us special time together.  It might even lower my blood pressure and help me lose weight.  My spiritual wellbeing I would rate an 8.  I am very involved in my local church.  I have a great deal of faith and trust in my God.  I listen to worship music and read in my Bible daily.  As with all things there is room for improvement.  I would like to increase my time in reading the Bible and listening to worship music to 30 minutes daily.  In my psychological wellbeing I would have to rate this also a 5.  Lately I tend to be somewhat moody, stressed and overwhelmed a lot.  My goal to improve this is to not look at the big picture.  I need to only look at one little piece of the picture at a time.  Work on one assignment at a time.  Tackle one chore at home at a time. 

The Rainbow Meditation was very frustrating for me.  I have not done anything like color therapy before and it was just too different.  It was very hard for me to concentrate and relax.  I did try to listen to the entire meditation.  There was no relaxing though.  My mind just could not stay focused.  My mind kept going to things that needed to be done, what are the kids doing, what am I going to fix them to eat, . . . . .  It was just too frustrating.  I am open to trying it again though. 

1 comment:

  1. Donna,in your post you mention looking at one thing at a time. This is such a great suggestion. Most of us (including me) get uptight when everything isn't completed at one time and quickly, especially if it is a bigger project or issue. Taking a step back and focusing on what you can do right now is a way to complete the project. I used to get upset because my life was always "have to's" but now I pick and choose what I want to do, there are still the have to's, like I have to work(yuck) but I choose the rest. Good luck in all you do--Cindy Potucek

    ReplyDelete