Saturday, April 28, 2012
Reflection
There is a verse in the Bible that says, "Be still and know that I am God." To me that says to be still on the outside and on the inside. Sometimes that is very hard to do. Sometimes it is very hard to quiet our minds and our thoughts. As I listened to Journey to Relaxation I was very distracted. The sounds of the bells or chimes distracted me. Maybe a softer, less annoying sound would have made it easier for me to relax. I finally shut it off and turned on some quiet worship music. That to me is relaxation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey Donna!
ReplyDeleteI agree, sometimes it is very hard to turn off our inner chatter in order to be able to hear what else is going. Being able to acknowledge the though which comes up but not act on it is an act of an extremely disciplined mind. I personally prefer guided mediations rather than ones that are self guided because I’m able to focus on the suggestion rather than trying to pull one from the jumbles of my mind.
Terri Bentley
That's so awesome. I do listen to soothing music and often I will accompany it with scriptures that I've written out in my journal for specific topics that I want to focus on and meditate on. I believe that the WORDs from the BIBLE are soothing to the soul and healing to our body as well.
ReplyDelete